Lotterywest Community Grant applications are now OPEN!
You will be notified if you have been successful in mid August, and all successful grant recipients will be featured on our website at that time too.
Can we help you with a small donation towards your event or activity for Mental Health Week 2020?
The Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH) organises Mental Health Week in WA, and can provide funds to help you hold your own community event or activity during the week (10-17 October 2020). We hope this will provide you with additional support to recognise and celebrate Mental Health Week in your local communities.
How much can I apply for?
We have grants available up to $1,000 for you to help plan an event, activity or project in your local community which supports the goals of Mental Health Week. This money can be used to supplement some of your budgeted costs or to get your event off the ground.
- Organisations must have an ABN, be a not-for-profit, charitable benevolent or community-based undertaking the project / event in WA.
- The planned activity must clearly tie in with the theme of Mental Health Week 2020 and promote positive mental health in the community.
- Activities or projects targeting disadvantaged, remote or rural, vulnerable, isolated or culturally diverse demographics will be viewed favorably.
- Applications featuring diversified income streams / in-kind support will be considered favorably.
- If successful, payment will only be made upon the receipt of an invoice which WAAMH must received by 15th September 2020
- If successful, applicants must complete the supplied acquittal document and return to WAAMH by 31st October 2020.
What do the judges look for?
We welcome applications that are creative and innovative, and where we can identify community involvement and promotion of the 2020 Mental Health Week theme. It's all about community and the various settings we go to every day where we can support wellbeing of others:
'Strengthening Our Community: live, learn, work and play'
How do I apply?
Completed the application form found on this page and coming soon before 3:00pm, Friday 7th August.
The earlier, the better!
When will I know if I'm successful?
Your application will be assessed after the closing date and you will be notified as soon as possible, but no later August 2020. Monies will be dispersed upon approval and presentation of a recipient-created invoice.
Given the current economic climate, if successful for this grant, I agree to supply an invoice to the Western Australian Association for Mental Health for payment by 15th September 2020. If I do not send this invoice, monies from my grant will be re-allocated to another applicant